2021-22 Volunteer Grants – Expression of Interest Applications Now Open
Local community groups in Mitchell are eligible for federal funding to support their local volunteers. $132,450 of funding is available in Mitchell under the Morrison Government’s 2021-22 Volunteer Grants.
Volunteering is such an important part of the Australian way of life and it has many social and economic benefits such as increased confidence, reduced marginalisation and skill development.
The grants form part of the Morrison Government’s commitment to supporting organisations whose volunteers assist our communities and encourage the inclusion of vulnerable people in our society.
The grants can be used to buy small equipment for volunteers or for the reimbursement of fuel, transport or training costs. Grants of between $1,000 and up to a maximum of $5,000 are available to help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers.
Please complete an Expression of Interest form and return to my office by 5:00pm, Thursday, 15 April 2021.
To be eligible organisations must be:
- A legal entity
- A not-for-profit organisation
- Have a minimum of 40 per cent volunteers working for your organisation
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
For more information about the grants, please visit the Government’s Community Grants Hub
What is the process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest Application (after you read the guidelines)
- Expression of Interest Applications will be assessed by the Mitchell Volunteer Grants Committee.
- The Mitchell Volunteer Grants Committee will consider EOIs against local volunteer needs and community priorities
- Expression of Interest Applications close 15 April 2021.
- All successful and unsuccessful expression of interest applicants will be notified by my office via email.
- Successful applicants will receive an email directly from the Volunteer Grants portal inviting you to apply for funding.
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest Application does not guarantee your grant approval. Your full application will need to be assessed by the Community Grants Hub.