Round 6 of the Stronger Communities Programme – Applications now open
The objective of the Stronger Communities Programme is to fund small capital projects which will deliver social benefits. The program aims to improve local community participation, cohesion and contribute to vibrant and viable communities. Round 6 of the program will continue to support Australia’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key aspects of the program:
- Please submit an expression of interest form of your proposed project to my office by Monday, 1 March 2021.
- Grants of between $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000 are available. There is a total funding pool of $150,000 for 2020/21 year for the Mitchell electorate.
- For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
Examples of projects that may be funded include:
- Installation of equipment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises eg: air conditioning, kitchen upgrades, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- upgrade of facilities to provide inclusive access
- purchase of musical instruments, sports equipment and uniforms that remain the property of the organisation
- purchase equipment for local SES
How to apply:
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the grant can be made by completing the form online (below) or download the EOI application and send to my electorate office. Return the application to my office via email or post to Alex Hawke MP, PO Box 1173, Castle Hill NSW 1765.
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, 1 March 2021.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the program guidelines and frequently asked questions prior to applying.
What is the process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest Application (after you read the guidelines)
- Expression of Interest Applications will be assessed by the Mitchell Stronger Communities Consultation Committee.
- Expression of Interest Applications close 1 March 2021.
- All successful and unsuccessful expression of interest applicants will be notified by my office via email.
- Successful applicants will receive an email directly from the Stronger Communities Programme portal for you to complete a full submission of the project.
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest Application does not guarantee your project approval. Your full application will need to be assessed by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on behalf of the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.