SAFER COMMUNITIES FUND ROUND 6 – INFRASTRUCTURE GRANTS NOW OPEN
The security infrastructure grant opportunity is now open and closes on 5 August 2021.
Infrastructure grants are available to community organisations, places of worship, schools and pre-schools, and local councils to help implement and boost crime prevention and security initiatives such as CCTV, lighting and bollards.
The grant opportunity aims to ensure these organisations are able to reduce the risk of crime, violence, and anti-social behaviour driven by racial and/or religious intolerance by funding crime prevention initiatives.
Grants available are between $10,000 to $500,000. The maximum grant amount per location or school campus is $250,000.HiThe grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Projects are to be completed by 31 March 2024
To be eligible you must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have not previously received a Safer Communities Fund Infrastructure grant, unless:
- they are a school or pre-school applying for funding for security guards, or
- the organisation is applying for infrastructure at a different project location/campus to the organisation’s previous grant.
And be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in section 14 of the guidelines
- an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
- a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own righ
- a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school
For further information please click here.