SAFER COMMUNITIES FUND ROUND 6 – EARLY INTERVENTION GRANTS NOW OPEN
The Morrison Government is providing up to $20 million in funding for early intervention projects and up to $10 million for security infrastructure through round six of the Safer Communities Fund.
The early intervention grant opportunity opens 28 May 2021 (closing 5 August 2021) and the security infrastructure grant opportunity opens on 15 June 2021 (closing 19 August 2021).
Round 6 of the Safer Communities Fund targets organisations with demonstrated experience in providing early intervention activities to youth at high risk to prevent them from engaging in criminal activity or anti-social behaviour.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- contribute to the preservation of the safety of Australians through funding local crime prevention activities that address anti-social behaviour by youth at high risk
- help marginalised youth aged 12-24 at high risk to develop life skills, including through educational and vocational skills to prevent them from becoming entrenched in the criminal justice system and to promote inclusion and build community resilience.
Eligible activities must directly relate to the project and involve youth engagement activities aimed at crime prevention.
Grants available are between $200,000 and $1.5 million. The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Projects are to be completed by 30 April 2024
To be eligible you must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Not be currently funded for an Early Intervention project under Round 5 of the Safer Communities Fund
And be one of the following entites:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation
- an incorporated association
For further information please click here.