Community organisations across Mitchell can apply for a share of $10.2 million in Australian Government funding for local energy saving projects that will lower power bills and help reduce Australia’s emissions.
Expressions of interest are now open for funding under the Powering Communities Program, with grants of between $5,000 and $12,000 available.
The Program will fund up to 12 projects worth a total of $67,700 in each federal electorate. Each federal MP will nominate projects, with community organisations then invited to apply.
Eligible projects include:
- Installing solar PV systems and batteries;
- Replacing high-energy using equipment, such as air conditioners and lighting with more efficient equipment; and
- Energy audits and monitoring equipment.
Grants will cover up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs, with no co-contribution required.
- To be eligible community groups must be:
- A legal entity
- A not-for-profit organisation
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
To be an eligible activity, solar PV panels and inverters and lithium ion battery products must be Clean Energy Council (CEC) approved
How to apply:
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the grant can be made by downloading the EOI application and send to my electorate office. Return the application to my office via email or post to Alex Hawke MP, PO Box 1173, Castle Hill NSW 1765.
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 5pm, Thursday, 20 May 2021.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the program guidelines and frequently asked questions prior to applying.
What is the process?
- Submit an Expression of Interest application (after you read the guidelines)
- Expression of Interest applications will be assessed by the Mitchell Consultation Committee.
- All successful and unsuccessful expression of interest applicants will be notified by my office via email.
- Successful applicants will receive an email directly from the portal for you to complete a full submission of the project.
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest Application does not guarantee your project approval. Your full application will need to be assessed by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.