STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME: Community organisations/groups invited to apply for Round 4 funding
The Federal Member for Mitchell, the Hon Alex Hawke MP, is encouraging local community organisations in Mitchell to submit an expression of interest for funding under the Stronger Communities Programme.
The Stronger Communities Programme, announced in this year’s Budget, will deliver $150,000 for the electorate of Mitchell to fund capital projects which deliver social benefits.
Expressions of Interest are being sought for the grants. Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- Installation of equipment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises eg: air conditioning, kitchen upgrades, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- acquisition of equipment such as ICT hardware and associated software
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- upgrade of facilities to provide disabled access
- Purchase equipment for local SES
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000. Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. The co-funding grants will be available for capital expenditure on projects that deliver social benefits and improve community participation and cohesion.
How do I apply?
Applying for a Mitchell Stronger Communities Grant is a two-step process:
- Complete the Expression of Interest application which will be considered by the Mitchell Community Consultative Committee.
- Successful EOI applications will then be invited to submit a formal submission to the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm, Friday, 7 September 2018.
“For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme please visit www.alexhawke.com.au . If you have any further questions please email email@example.com or call my office on 9899 7211,” Mr Hawke concluded.