Stronger Communities Program - Round 6 - Applications Now open
Federal Member for Mitchell, the Hon Alex Hawke MP, is encouraging local community organisations in Mitchell to submit an expression of interest application for funding under the Stronger Communities Programme.
The Stronger Communities Programme – Round 6, announced in last year’s Budget, will continue to support Australia’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000.
For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs. Local governing bodies will be required to provide matched funding contributions towards their eligible project.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, 1 March 2021.
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- Installation of equipment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to existing premises eg: air conditioning, kitchen upgrades, TVs, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- acquisition of equipment such as ICT hardware and associated software
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- upgrade of facilities to provide inclusive access
- purchase of musical instruments, sports equipment and uniforms that remain the property of the organisation
- Purchase equipment for local SES
Applying for a Mitchell Stronger Communities Grant is a two-step process:
- Complete the Expression of Interest which will be considered by the Mitchell Community Consultative Committee, at
- Successful EOI applications will then be invited to submit a formal submission by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources on behalf of the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Stronger Communities Programme guidelines and the frequently asked questions at https://www.alexhawke.com.au/stronger-communities-program-round-6
“For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme please visit www.alexhawke.com.au. If you have any further questions please email email@example.com or call my office on 9899 7211,” Mr Hawke concluded.