Constituent Services

Congratulatory Messages

Australians who are celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.

Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?

  • The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more.

  • The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday.

  • On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years following the 100th Birthday.

  • The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries.

  • The Queen will send messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.

Congratulatory Messages Eligibility


50th Wedding Anniversary 60th plus Wedding Anniversary 90th Birthday 100th plus Birthday
Prime Minister Yes Yes Yes Yes
Governor-General Yes Yes No 100th and every year thereafter
The Queen No 60th and every fifth year thereafter No 100th and every fifth year thereafter

How do I arrange the message?

You can arrange a congratulatory message through Alex Hawke’s office by:

  • Calling the office on 02 9899 7211;

  • Visiting the electorate office at Suite 8, 23 Terminus Street, Castle Hill; or

  • Please complete the online form below or click here to download form to complete.

If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend who lives in another electorate, their federal member will be notified as well.

You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.

If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or from the electorate office. Justice of the Peace service is available at the electorate office during business hours.

Supporting documentation in the form of a statutory declaration can be posted or hand delivered to Suite 8, 23 Terminus Street, Castle Hill. 

Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application.

When should I arrange the message?

You can lodge a request for congratulatory messages up to two months before the celebration.

You can also request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.

Where will the message be delivered?

Congratulatory messages can be posted directly to the recipient’s home address or alternatively to care-of address (such as a friend or relative) for surprises.

Congratulatory Messages

Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png pdf doc docx.
Name of recipient *
Name of second recipient (if applicable)
Address of recipient *
Address for delivery (if different from above)

Flag Presentations

Senators and Members are entitled to distribute certain large flags as described below to the following eligible recipients:

  • schools, local councils, churches and other non-profit or benevolent community organisations, associations and groups which have occasion to display the flag from flag poles on their premises, or which display the flag on special public occasions, or in halls or meeting rooms;

  • community organisations, Australian exchange students and humanitarian aid workers undertaking official visits or duties overseas; and

  • a family member, or an ex-service organisation representative, for use at the funeral of an Australian war veteran

  • a student or person participating in a foreign exchange program

Flags may not be made available under this program to businesses or commercial enterprises.

Additionally, Senators and Members have entitled to 50 large flags per financial year (no larger than 1,370mm x 685mm) for presentation to private individuals.

If you would like to request a flag contact my office on 9899 7211.

Update your Community Organisation Details

As your local Federal Member of Parliament, I recognise the valuable role of community organisations in our area. I know that dedicated volunteers operate most local community groups and I greatly appreciate the work that you and your colleagues do.
In order to support your organisation, I am keen to advise you of any funding or assistance available to you from the Federal Government or simply any information which I think you should be aware of.
As such, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please fill in the below information so I can keep in touch with your organisation.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing efforts, and please feel free to contact my office on 9899 7211 if there is any matter you’d like to discuss or if I can be of assistance in any way.


The Australian Government Grants and Assistance Finder helps  locate the grants and assistance programs most relevant to your business.

National Service Medal and Australian Defence Medal

These medals help commemorate and recognise the contribution made to Australia by people in our community. Application forms may be obtained from and submitted to Alex Hawke’s office by emailing (link) or phoning 02 9899 7211.

More information about Australian Government honours and awards can be found at

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact my office on 02 9899 7211.

Saluting Their Service

Certificates of Appreciation are available under the Australian Government’s Saluting Their Service Commemorations Program. They are a way of expressing the nation’s gratitude to those who served in the defence forces or on the home front in the Second World War or in wars, conflicts and peace operations overseas since the Second World War.

Certificates of Appreciation are available in respect of the following conflicts and events:

  • Second World War, for service in the Australian armed forces or on the home front;

  • British Commonwealth Occupation Force (BCOF) Japan;

  • Korean War;

  • Malayan Emergency;

  • Indonesian Confrontation;

  • Vietnam War;

  • Gulf War;

  • Iraq War; 

  • War in Afghanistan; and 

  • Peace Operations.

For an application form please contact my office on 9899 7211.